Online Consultation Service
Our online consultation service is now available for ordering repeat prescriptions, requesting a sick note or test results, and to consult with a GP on non-urgent medical problems.
Please click here to access the service.
In line with the Government’s announcement, the NHS is aiming to offer every adult the chance to book a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the end of the year. This means our practice is now prioritising the booster rollout.
As part of this, some of our routine services may be stood down temporarily to allow us to focus on protecting as many patients as possible.
We are still there for anyone who may need care for an urgent need, but would ask for patience as we support this key national priority over the coming weeks. We hope to be able to stand back up any services as soon as possible and will update this page as soon as we know more.
Please don’t forget there are many services available for you, depending on your condition. These include:
- Self-care – This is the best choice to treat minor illnesses and injuries such as hangovers, coughs, colds, grazes, small cuts or sore throats. Many of these can be treated at home, simply with over-the-counter medicines and plenty of rest.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacists can give advice on and treat a range of symptoms. They can support you with things such as diarrhoea, earaches, painful coughs, sticky eyes, teething and rashes.
- NHS 111 – You can access 111 online or via the telephone. This is for any urgent but non-life threatening health concerns. They will be able to signpost you to the relevant service and provide advice where appropriate, or book you in to an Urgent Treatment Centre.
- A&E / 999 – You should only attend A&E or dial 999 in a life-threatening emergency such as severe bleeding, breathing difficulties and severe chest pain.
If you are now eligible for your COVID-19 booster please book it as soon as you can. It is vital as many people as possible get boosted as soon as possible. Please do not ring the practice regarding your boosters, instead visit https://www.birminghamandsolihullcovidvaccine.nhs.uk/ or call 119 to book an appointment or to find a walk-in clinic near you. You can also find out more about who is eligible, how the vaccine is given and other frequently asked questions. If you are a housebound patient, there is a community team which will be coming out to you to vaccinate you, so please do not contact your GP as the team will be making contact with you.
CHRISTMAS CLOSURES: Queslett Medical Centre will be closed on Friday 24th December from 1:30pm and will re-open Wednesday 29th December at 8:30am.
NEW YEARS CLOSURES: Queslett Medical Centre will be closed on Friday 31st December from 1:30pm and will re-open Tuesday 4th January at 8:30am.
We are undergoing Digitisation of Paper Medical Records, please visit our Privacy Notice Page for further information ~ Thank you
Please note Queslett Medical Centre will be closed after 1:30PM for protected learning time on the last Thursday of every Month, we will re-open on Friday morning as normal at 9:00AM ~ Thank you
Welcome to Queslett Medical Centre where we work together as a team to help provide you with the Best Quality Care and Service. We take pride in our work and are dedicated to giving you a warm welcoming surgery in a friendly environment and are always open to hearing your ideas to better our service. Please take the time to go through our website, take a look around at our different pages and get to know our practice.
Queslett Medical Centre is a member of My Healthcare and can offer evening and weekend face to face GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments from Burbury, Fernley, Harborne, River Brook and West Heath Hubs. The extended hour's appointments will be booked by our reception staff as usual but patients will be seen at whichever Hub is the most convenient for them.
The addresses of the 6 Hubs plus the telephone numbers to ring if you needed to cancel or change an appointment are:
- Burbury Medical Centre, 311 Burbury Street, Birmingham B19 1TT. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07943 058104
- Fernley Medical Centre, 560 Stratford Road, Birmingham B11 4AN. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 07561 109028
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 427 5246
- River Brook Medical Centre, 3 River Brook Drive, Birmingham B30 2SH. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 433 8910
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, Birmingham B31 3HB. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 483 2122.
- Fernbank Medical Centre, 508-5016 Alum Rock Road, B8 3HX. Appointment cancellation telephone No. 0121 326 3600.
We are also able to offer our patients telephone consultations with either a GP or pharmacist based in MyHealthcare’s Virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre. The call will be booked by our reception staff for a time that is convenient to you.
Please ask a member of our staff if you would like further information.